Thursday, June 2, 2011

Not the best parenting weekend...

Well, we made plans to go see Kung Fu Panda 2 with some friends. Stephanie was very excited to go to the theater and to see her friends (we hadn't seen them in a long time). We also decided that we would take Erica, too, since she has been enjoying movies and is able to sit through a children's feature. Unfortunately, we got there too late - it was sold out and our friends were already inside! So, in a moment of parenting desperation and (in hind sight) insanity, we decided to stick with the movie idea and tried pitching "Thor" to Stephanie. She looked up at the sign and said, "No, I'd rather see pirates!"

So, we became those parents. You know - the parents that bring their 1 and 3 year old to a PG-13 movie with action, death and vicious mermaids. To make matters worse, on our way in, I practically scraped Stephanie's big toe nail off when I opened the door on her foot! We were about to give up at that point, but between sobs, Stephanie insisted she was fine and wanted to see the movie.

Surprisingly, both girls were great. Stephanie sat through the whole thing and didn't have a problem with any of it. Erica almost lasted through the whole 2 hours and 25 minutes. I only had to walk outside with her for 20 or 30 minutes. They both now have an affinity for anything pirate and Stephanie likes to pretend that she is one.

Then, on Sunday night, the girls got all dressed up and they were dancing. I figured we had already screwed up as parents, so I threw all caution to the wind and had them dance to Ricky Martin! Ha ha!


Watch out! The volume is a bit loud on this video!

1 comment:

  1. You are funny, Andrea! At least they weren't the kids sitting behind us in Brooklyn as we watched Jude Law stab his friend to bloody death in a boat--what was that movie??

    ReplyDelete