I had another recipe to test for America's Test Kitchen and I really wanted to make this one since I haven't contributed to their test requests for a while now. However, it was a recipe for a rich cake that Christian wasn't going to help me eat, so we thought we could invite some friends to help us. We also had a craving for spiedies (marinated/grilled meat kabobs that are very local to the Binghamton area in NY). So, we set out to invite some friends. Well, family after family wasn't available. Finally, we decided to just post an open invitation on our church's website. By the next afternoon, we had RSVPs for 5 families - 23 people! About half of the guests were under the age of 8, too! We had a great time.
We didn't get a picture of the test recipe cake (which tasted great, but had some aesthetic issues that were mostly my fault), but we did get a picture (thank you, Jennifer!) of some of the kids decorating their cupcakes. That was a big hit.
No comments:
Post a Comment