Saturday, June 11, 2011

Meat, meat and ... meat!

Abandon hope all ye vegetarians! Ha ha! This month's church potluck theme was "Dad's Favorite Pasta Dish". Hmmm .... my husband is Sicilian. Are they nuts?!?! He doesn't just have ONE favorite dish! So, I went a little overboard again. I made a big pot of sauce (ala Grandpa Piccolo) and took 3 boxes of farfalle macaroni to go with it. I put together a big antipasto platter. I also made a Piccolo favorite - sponge cake (ala Great Grandma Piccolo) with pastry cream between the layers and covered in whipped cream. I also made New York style cheesecake and made a strawberry sauce to go with it. I think that was it. Ha ha! I have too much fun with these potlucks.

So, the sauce had cubes of pork rib meat, braciole (thin beef rolled around garlic, parm cheese and herbs), sausage and meatballs. I cooked the pasta before church, tossed it with a little bit of oil and put it in a jumbo ziplock bag. I stored it in a cooler with some 200 degree bricks. It was still warm 2 hours later and was not sticking together. It worked perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment