Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cupcakes!

I found a really cute Disney Princess cupcake set at Walgreen's while Christmas shopping. I figured the cake and frosting were probably inedible, but it came with a spatula, spoon, tablespoon measuring spoon, liquid measuring cup, 12 princess mini cupcake papers, 2 mini foil cupcake pans, 3 little bags of sprinkles and 2 tubes of decorating gel. I figured that was worth spending the $5 on it. We finally got a chance to make them the other night and sure enough, the cake and frosting were HORRIFIC. Stephanie was so excited to help me mix up the cupcakes and was so proud of them, I didn't have the heart to tell her they were bad. So, I secretly whipped up a new batch of homemade yellow cupcakes. She helped me throw together some homemade buttercream frosting, too. The mini cupcake size is great. I put the extras in the freezer. I can pull 2 out before lunch and they are thawed out by the time we are ready for a little treat. Both girls have been having fun doing their own decorations.



No comments:

Post a Comment