Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cake balls, raspberry bars and kolaches ... oh my!

Well, the bridal shower is over! Phew! I ended up making 110 cake balls, 50 raspberry bars, and 72 kolaches. I didn't get a picture of the final cake balls, but they were chocolate cake with whipped chocolate ganache frosting. My friend asked that half of them be white with a pink drizzle and the other half pink with a white drizzle. I didn't get a picture of the raspberry bars either, but I was able to find a square cutter that was perfectly sized for some square papers I found. Everything turned out really nice and I was pleased. Patti was happy, too ... and that's really all that matters, right? Ha ha!

Anyway, I did get some pictures of the kolaches since it seems that nobody outside of Texas knows what they are. They are typically open-faced and filled with a sweet filling, but they wanted the Quiche Lorraine filling that I made for the women's brunch a few months ago. The dough is a simple roll dough that you roll out really thin. I put them in cupcake wrappers to make it easier to serve at the shower. They are very tasty and very addicting.



No comments:

Post a Comment