Saturday, February 19, 2011

All about Stephanie

Stephanie is growing up so fast. She is experimenting with language. Her favorite phrase right now is, "What the heck!?!?" She got that from me - oh the things they pick up. She is also into making up her own language. We saw some pigeons on a sign the other day and I pointed them out to the girls. Stephanie informed me that she called them something different. I forget what her word was, but it was cute how nonchalant she was in dismissing English. She has an imaginary friend named, Chiglia. Ha ha! I have no idea where that came from, but this friend (I believe it is a girl) appears from time to time.

Stephanie also loves to have at least 30 clothing changes per day. Here she's modeling an outfit along with her princess shoes.


Here are the slippers she got with the Claire's gift card from Grandma Gray.


This is the new leotard that she got with the Valentine's money from Nonna and Grandpa Piccolo.


The second night that Erica was on antibiotics, she slept for 14 hours! Daddy was gone for the night at a sleep study, so Stephanie and I had a rare night all to ourselves. At one point, she was assembling a caravan of various toy cars. She wanted to have her dog ride with her, but insisted on putting on a helmet and finding one for the dog, too. It was very clever and cute.


Some friends from church raise sheep and have some babies whose mama died. So, they have to bottle feed them. They invited us over to let the girls help feed them one day. The girls were in awe and LOVED it.


Stephanie loves to play with all her stuffed animals. She spends hours just dressing them up (thank you, Aunt Allison and cousins for the clothes!!) and takes care of them with all her doctor toys. When we took Erica in for her ear infection, Stephanie took the pad from the scale and the wooden stick the doctor used to look in Erica's mouth. Here's she is demonstrating how she uses these tools to care for her animals.

2 comments:

  1. Andrea, do you remember your imaginary friend that lived in the house at the bottom of our hill?
    When we took Aidan and Susie to Claire's to spend their gift cards, I saw those slippers and thought of Stephanie!! I love it that she bought them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea & Jo Ann, do you remember that Kevin's imaginary friends, Hoser, Houser, and Gerund, lived in the same house as Andrea's friends?
    I love reading your blog, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete