The Easter Bunny was very generous to the girls this year. Grandma and Grandpa Gray sent them a sand and water table. Silly mommy believed the catalog picture and expected Stephanie and Erica to play serenely keeping the sand in the sand side and water in the water side. That's what the picture showed! I think I will sue for false advertising. Within the first five minutes of setting up the table, one third of the sand was already on the ground and another third was expertly mixed with the water. Then the tracking began. Before I came back to my senses, there was sand from the back door into the bedroom. Later on I found traces of sand stretching all the way to the front door. It's only been one week, but I have gotten smarter. The vaccuum has a permanent place by the back door. I have not replenished the sand. I have also not put water in the table - but that is mostly because it has been too cold. Regardless of the sand level or lack of water, the girls LOVE the table and play in it every chance they get. Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa!
Here they are modeling the new outfits they got from Nonna and Grandpa Piccolo. Erica had already gotten something on her new shirt, so she's just in a white shirt, but she loves the new shirt because it has PURPLE on it. Amazingly Nonna picked out the right colors for each girl. Stephanie claims that pink is her favorite (although, she has learned what turquoise is and likes to say the word, so some days that is her favorite). Erica has shown a preference for purple. We didn't tell Nonna this until after we got the outfits. She even sent pink and purple Peeps for each girl. They were also a big hit.
No comments:
Post a Comment