Well, we have been trying to work on potty training with Stephanie the last couple of days. So, I have tried keeping us at home to focus on that. I have spent a lot of time catching up on cleaning and organizing that I have put off. Today I could tell the girls were really getting stir crazy, so I thought it would be fun to go to McDonalds to have lunch and to play. It was a very nice time until we were just about to leave. Poor little Erica tripped over her sandals and fell VERY hard against one of the emergency doors in the play area. There is a small, vertical metal strip on the floor right in front of the door. She slammed her forhead right on it. Long story short, she is OK. She ended up with 3 stiches, but there was no indication of head trauma or anything more than a really bad cut. By the time we got home, you could not tell she had just been through a very traumatic event.
I am so encouraged by how God always sends what I call "my angels" to surround me in these times. They swoop in from who knows where and provide perfect help despite not knowing me or my situation. There was a family that provided a constant stream of napkins, water and ice at McDonalds that I hadn't noticed the whole time we were there. The paramedics were so nice and handled the kids so well. The nurses and doctor (even the receptionists) attended to us so well, too. The nurses who were not involved with the stiches took Stephanie out to the nurses station to color and make bracelets for the whole time we were there. The whole process went as smooth as it possibly could have. God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment