Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Indepence Day!

We saw one of the best fireworks show on July 4th. We met up with a bunch of folks from our church in a field up the hill from where the main event was taking place. It was beautiful ... hot ... but peaceful and relaxing. We coordinated with another family with the food and I brought pulled pork sandwiches and whoopie pies (individually wrapped in bags).


I had some wonderful parent moments watching Stephanie and Erica working the crowd. They have so many nice friends from the church. They didn't eat anything all night. They were too busy playing with all their friends. They did drink their weight in pink lemonade, though! It was very hot.

Stephanie loved the show. It took Erica about 5 minutes to get over the noise and lights, but then she settled down and seemed to enjoy it, too. Like I said, it was probably one of the best shows I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment