It is a place of legend.... I am surprised we haven't heard more about Babe's. We tried going to one in Frisco when the Piccolo's visited at Christmas, but due to the 1 hour wait, we chose a different restaurant. A friend mentioned it recently and we decided to give it a try for lunch on Sunday. Wow! Yum! Interesting restaurant - very simple format. You just pick what meat you want (fried chicken, catfish, pot roast, ribs, etc) and they bring you all the trimmings family style: green salad, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, pinto beans, corn, and biscuits (VERY good biscuits - perhaps some of the best I have ever had). They have honey on the table, but they also have molasses for the biscuits - interesting, but yummy. The atmosphere was almost like you were at a massive family reunion - very homey.
I could describe the fried chicken to you, but I think Christian's story is better. We ordered the catfish and the fried chicken (chicken fingers for the girls - homemade and very good). All the sides were also very good. We got done eating and the waitress came to ask if we wanted dessert. I was stuffed, so I looked over at Christian. I have never seen the expression he had on his face. He just stared at the waitress and said, "I want more chicken." Ha ha! The waitress didn't quite know how to respond. We finally decided that just getting another order to-go was the best option.
No comments:
Post a Comment