Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Culinary Adventures

I have been enjoying the Cooking Channel. One of the shows is on Indian food and the host made lentil cookies the other day. I was intrigued and had to try them myself. They are soft and full of chewy oats, crunchy almonds and pumpkin seeds. You don't even taste the lentils.


 I have a bunch of leftover mashed lentils and have to figure out what to do with them ... perhaps hummus or fried patties. Any suggestions?


We got a book from the library about a little Filipino girl making "pancit" with her mother. It includes the recipe, so we will try that on Friday night. Stephanie was so cute in the asian market helping me get the ingredients. There was a whole aisle dedicated to all sorts of noodles and she found the right ones before I did.
 
I also made my first trip to a Mexican store. I want to try to make tamales. I came out of there with a 10 pound bag of masa and 4 cups of lard fresh from the meat department! That was the smallest container of lard that they had! Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment