I found a nice recipe for strawberry cake that was extremely similar to Cook's yellow cake recipe. I used the strawberry cake for Strawberry Shortcake's head and yellow cake for the rest. It would have been nice to try a cream cheese frosting to go with the strawberry cake, but in the interest of time/energy/etc, I just went with buttercream.
| New outfits from the Morabitos! Thank you! |
I was up very late getting stuff ready for the party and so, my brain wasn't working so good by the time we got to the "blowing out the candles" part of the party. Stephanie said that she wanted me to put the candles in Strawberry Shortcake's shoes. I thought it would be cute for her to hold one, so I put one in one of her hands. Christian practically dove in and stopped me from mindlessly putting the last candle in her other hand!!! Ha ha! It was hilarious that I almost "crucified" Strawberry Shortcake. Our pastor, Ryan, was there with his kids and got a kick out of it, too. I am so glad he has a good sense of humor!
No comments:
Post a Comment